Need Help With your assignment? Get expert academic writing assistance! We can write any paper on any subject within the tightest time.
Your chief nursing officer recognizes you have completed your MSN and has asked you to be a member of the nursing evidence- based practice committee. They have advised the members that the purpose of the committee is the assess evidence in the literature to identify evidence- based practice practices to be implemented in w hospital and address prominent clinical concerns. As a nurse on this committee you have been presented with a clinical concern prevalent within the organization. You will need to conduct a literature search to find background evidence of the clinical issue. Following an understanding of the problems , you will continue to search the literature and appraise and rank the evidence for an intervention/ assessment has been selected you will then decide how to promote the adoption and evaluation of this clinical practice in your hypothetical health care institution.
In a 5 page paper (excluding title page, tables and reference page) you will describe and discuss the following:
1. Describe the clinical concern affecting the health care institution.
2. Background knowledge of the problem (describe the importance and relevance of the problem to patient care and/ or the role of the nurse )
3. Review and evaluate evidence addressing the clinical issue ( evaluate six primary research/ data based articles in past 5 years no later than 2015 including one systematic review or meta- analysis on your topic.)
4. Identify an intervention to be implemented into the clinical practice and provide an explanation of the use of the evidence- based practice.
5. Delineate strategies to translate the evidence- based practice/ recommendation into clinical practice by nurses in your hypothetical healthcare setting.
6. Evaluation plan to assess the outcome of the evidence- based recommendation in the clinical setting.
Students will develop 2 tables that reflect evidence, which contributes to the knowledge on this topic:
Table1 should summarize evidence that was selected from the literature search and includes the identification of the level ( grade) of evidence using John Hopkins University Evidence Level.
Table 2 should summarize key information about each article reviewed to form a synthesis of evidence table.
When writing this paper, use current and appropriate references.
For this synthesis of evidence paper, upload a copy of the 6 primary research/ data based articles used in this body of work.
(Note: the Evidence Based Practice you recommend should be an autonomous or (relatively autonomous) nursing action (e.g an assessment or an intervention). This does not include delegated interventions such as administering a medication or a provider’s decision such as giving medicine versus counseling. It could include collaborating with physicians/ nurse practitioners / physician assistants to seek an order, such as removal of urinary catheter).